So, don't step back and don't be afraid. If you are getting a reading for the first time, here are some tips for you. By following them, you will get very clear and accurate readings as most of the time, the client that is YOU are responsible for getting a 100% accurate reading.
1. It is very important to be in a good frame of mind before a reading. So please see that you are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs or any other addictive substances.
2. Before starting the reading, keep your mind clear of all thoughts except the thing you want to ask about. Whenever asking a question, be focused and think of the question in your head while shuffling the cards and while the cards are being laid.
3. Shuffling is an important step as by doing this, your energies get immersed into the cards and they understand who they are dealing with. So, shuffle well. This is how the Tarot cards get to know you.
4. Framing the right question is important. Ask questions such as 'Will this happen?' or 'Should I choose between 'A' or 'B'?' or 'Is 'A' a good husband?' Avoid questions beginning with 'Where' or 'Who'? Because the Tarot can not spell out names or places like an ouija board. Like I said earlier, Tarot is not spooky.
5. You need to have faith in the cards, the tarot reader and also in yourself. After getting a reading, keep the faith. Believe that this will happen. If you do not believe, it is no point to do a reading and waste anyone's time.
6. Don't be hyper!! Don't run on with questions. Take your time and digest what is told to you first. Listen to hidden messages and advice which the tarot gives you. Sometimes this advice could be more important for you than your questions. It has come up in a reading, because it is SUPPOSED to.
7. Always pay a tarot reader his or her fee. Why? Because like any other services provided by so called 'professionals' like doctors and engineers, we too deserve to be paid. There is energy exchange going on. And you must be ethical.
I hope I have cleared things out for those who are unfamiliar with the Tarot and are afraid to get a reading done. Tarot is a window to the soul. Believe in it. Trust it and you will find the Truth.