|With my Tarot & Angel Cards at the Exhibition|
I have been very busy since the last few days, and it is the reason for my absence on this blog. I haven't been able to post my Card of the Day as well. I have been busy with a Tarot stall that I held at an exhibition on April 19th and 20th. It was hectic, and a lot of fun. I thank my mom who stood by my side and helped me along the way. There were many ups and downs. It was HOT and on top of that, the fans would conk off at times. Some people wouldn't know what tarot was and referred to my cards as 'Magic tricks' :-S Some were skeptics, and then again, some were receptive. So all in all, it was an interesting experience to put up a spiritual stall among all other materialistic things like jewelry, clothes and watches. Whoever did a reading with me, were very happy and satisfied, and some skeptics who tried the cards for a lark were pleasantly surprised. I think I made a few of them converters.
|With my mom at the Exhibition|
|Reading for children|
1. Never be skeptical - I was unsure of putting up this stall as most of the people there were not into Tarot. Go against the tide, and believe that you can bring about a change in people's attitude. Just because people are skeptical about you, doesn't mean to start to doubt yourself. Try and you can change them or get them to see your point of view.
2. Children are angels - This experience reiterated this fact to me. More than the adults, children were drawn to my stall like moths to a flame. I also did a few free readings for them. :-)
3. Word of mouth - That is the best form of publicity. Spread the word, to whoever you can about your business. Do not underestimate or think that your clientele is only a particular section of the society.
4. Meeting new people - This always happens when you do something new, you meet new people. It is always better to experiment and go outside than sit at home. I also made a new friend, who had a stall besides me. She had a kurti stall but has also done a course in graphology. She read my hand writing and was very good!
5. Encouragement - I got a lot of positive feedback about my readings which was very encouraging and has increased my confidence in myself and my reading abilities.Do not be afraid to try anything new, you will only grow as a person and learn new things.
6. Only see the positive, not the negative - Learn to grasp only the positive and ignore the negative aspects. If you keep thinking about the negative aspects, you will never move forward. You will stay stagnant and be where you are.
Here's to many more exhibitions and experiences in the future! Cheeeeeeeeeeerssss!